6.25.2007

Creative Nonfiction Writing

Today I started a "summer session" class as my school would call it. This is a Creative Nonfiction Writing class. The "professor" is Kathryn Eastburn, a co-founder and editor of the Colorado Springs Independent, and a free-lance writer. She seems like an amazing woman, she just might not quite know what it's like to be a professor. She talks quite a bit about herself, but altogether I am pretty excited about the class.

Since about fifth grade I have kept a journal. (This is part of the reason why I started bookmaking. I have a passion for a blank piece of paper.) I am not much of a creative writer so hopefully this class will help me develop my skills. I have quite a few ideas about what I would like to write about and how I would like it to sound, but it never turns out that way.

My main idea is to write about my Antarctica trip, so that I have a great encounter of my experience. Wish me luck!

On the knitting side of things, I have collected more plastic bags from Colorado College, my aunt, and my boyfriend's mom. Yay! I'm also working on triangular felted purse. Whoopie!

2 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Nice blog Rose, saw it on your Etsy shop.

Rosie said...

thanks kathy!