7.25.2007

yucky

It has not been a good week for miss nosierosie. As you can see below, I feel off my bike and hurt myself. On Saturday I went to Walsenburg, CO (my hometown) to see my parents and get a massage. What I got was not a massage at all. I got CUPPING!
Does this look like it felt like a massage?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
If you are too lazy to click on the cupping link, I'll tell you about it. It's hundreds of years old. It's an old chinese acupressure healing method where the healer wipes down a glass cup/bowl with 90% alcohol, lights it on fire, and sticks it on your skin. The heat from the fire trapped with in the bowl causes a suction. Hence, bruising!
Not only did I get cupping, but I also got pretty ill. I am not sure where the illness came from, but I had a horribly high fever for three days, and haven't been able to eat right since Saturday evening. YUCK!

No comments: