8.17.2008

Rainy Days Make for Knitting Happy

Yesterday, since the day was rainy and cold (in AUGUST!) and was at work Ryan at work, I knit. It was a great feeling. I haven't been knitting up to my usual snuff lately, and I finally finished one of my experimental flowers for my bouquet.



It took me a really long time to get this peony done because I was skeptical of the pattern. I have always had issues following patterns. Not because they are hard, but because I have had so many bad experiences where the designer didn't even actually knit the object he/she is claiming to have designed, where the pattern tells you to knit something that is totally unrelated to what you want the actual product to be.

This pattern though, was amazingly intricate, and I enjoyed it very much. Never would have I thought to design the flower in such a way. It appears to me that the designer must have a true appreciation for both the biology and the knitting. Thanks Noni Designs!

Now I must felt it, but that won't come until I go home to my parents' house for the weekend. I live in a lowly apartment without a washing machine capable of felting wool beautifully.

I leave you with more peony pictures.



No comments: