8.02.2008

Wedding Plannage

I've decided that my niece, Robin, and nephew, Diego will be my flower girl and ring bearer.




I'm pretty excited about their cuteness in fancy dresses and tuxes.

On that note, I knit the outside of Diego's ring bearer pillow. They are made with this pattern

Here's a preview:





Of course they still need blocking and everything. If you hadn't noticed, these look a little bit like the washcloths I was knitting last summer, but these are slightly fancier, what with the poinsettia and the bamboo/nylon yarn.

I thought I was smart, and I was going to skip the gauging and make one half of the pillow with a different yarn than bonsai. I was mistaken. These two yarns were not similar enough, and they ended up turning out to be VERY different sizes.



That doesn't work when you have to sew two halves to make one pillow.

This way worked out better anyway because Ryan's ring is Rose Gold (represented by the richer gold yarn half) and my Ring is White Gold (represented by the champagne yarn side). This better represents our rings, and therefore the two halves that come together to become one (pillow).

1 comment:

linda said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joyce

http://www.videophonesguide.com