3.30.2009

To Begin Anew

Tomorrow I officially get laid off. As soon as I walk out the door, I am LAID OFF. Though many people feel sympathy for me, I however, do not. I am young. This was my first real job. It wasn't my dream job. I don't have any kids. I have no debt. I have good health. I own a car and have no mortgage to pay. I can easily live off of Ryan's income and my unemployment. Life is good. Keep on chuggin, right?

Actually, I am quite pleased. This means I am going to have more time to think about myself, my future, and my crafting! In suit of the "economic crisis" I began recycling sweaters! I am so excited about this. I go to the thrift store, find some fantastic sweaters with rich colors, nice yarns, and good seams for ripping, and away I go! I've gone through 5.5 sweaters already. Two were flops because I didn't quite know how to rip out a sweater yet. Now I've got it down, and I am cooking with gas! I believe I am going to open up another etsy shop to sell these gorgeous yarns. Hopefully this will help me out in my own personal "economic crisis." HAH!

First, I need to buy or make one of these. Then, I need to take some pictures with my fancy new camera. Of course, there is a lot of work to do, but this is work I enjoy!

Wish me luck. Pictures to come.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Good luck!!!

roxymommy said...

You rock, sass! I can't wait to see you tomorrow... and you are gonna have to teach me to knit before I have to start a job!

Rosie said...

Thanks Ladies! I'll teach you any time Melissa. I just seems like every time we get together, we don't get the chance!